What is Creative Oklahoma?
What is Creative Oklahoma’s mission?
The mission is to establish Oklahoma as a world-renowned center of creativity through projects and collaborative ventures to stimulate a more entrepreneurial and vibrant economy and an improved quality of life for its citizens.
Creative Oklahoma has developed specific programs and services to promote understanding of the demand for creativity and innovation in the state and to drive Oklahoma’s economic growth and improve life quality for its citizens. Some ongoing initiatives include:
▪ The State of Creativity Forum – An annual gathering of some of the most important thought leaders sharing ideas to advance creativity and innovation. Learn more
▪ The State of Creativity Awards Program – Annually Creative Oklahoma provides a variety of cash and noncash awards recognizing and encouraging creativity and innovation throughout the state with a special emphasis on youth.
▪ The cSchool – The Creativity School (cSchool) is a teaching cadre of Oklahoma-based academicians and practitioners in creativity and innovation. It presents research-based creativity-focused curricular offerings via an annual pre-Forum day-long “bootcamp” and customized offerings for businesses, educational institutions, and communities requesting assistance with furthering creativity and innovation in their environments. Learn more
▪ Oklahoma Innovation Index – Oklahoma is the second state to develop a creativity or innovation index that will guide advancement in educational practice towards incorporation of more creativity and innovation in the classroom. Learn more
▪ Oklahoma ArtScience Prize – Creative Oklahoma adopted the Oklahoma ArtScience Prize in 2011 as an initiative to encourage high school student engagement in creative problem solving and aspirational thinking methodologies. Learn more
▪ Oklahoma Creativity Ambassadors – Since 2008, Creative Oklahoma has partnered with the Governor to recognize Oklahomans for their creative and innovative national and international contributions with the Creativity Ambassador distinction. Learn more
▪ Districts of Creativity Network – In 2007 Oklahoma was acknowledged as an official “District of Creativity” and accepted into the 14 member international network of creative districts based in Flanders, Belgium. Learn more
▪ National Creativity Network –Creative Oklahoma has fostered conversations with over fifteen other states and regions in the United States and Canada who demonstrated interest in developing their own regional creativity initiatives. Learn more
▪ Documenting Oklahoma Stories of Creativity – The Oklahoma Creativity Project, the antecedent of Creative Oklahoma, first began its work with the documentation of creativity and innovation stories of Oklahomans through the Oklahoma Educational Television Authority (OETA). Learn more
▪ Developing an Oklahoma Network of Creativity – Through its enhanced website, social media, and new membership program, Creative Oklahoma aspires to develop an ever-growing network of Oklahomans connecting with one another and other creative minds throughout the nation and world.
Partnerships and Collaborations – With an organizational structure resembling that of an inverted umbrella, Creative Oklahoma welcomes the connecting spokes of all organizations and individuals interested in promoting imagination, creativity, and innovation in the state of Oklahoma and beyond.